Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back to photography

Since I've finished a batch of new items and have them display-ready, time has arrived to once again dig out my faithful camera and turn into a photographer.


Not much changed since the last time - I still hate taking pictures.


But in order to do what I do, I have to grab myself by the throat, push the camera into my unwilling hands and try to do the best I can. I noticed two things in the process:


1. All the usable pictures that I've snapped so far take up 50 mb of my disc space. All the crappy, hopeless, not-so-perfect, boring, (...), uninteresting pictures take up more than 1 gb. This example clearly illustrates that the professional photographers don't lie when they say that you have to take plenty of shots to get a single good one.


2. It got much easier than when I was doing it for the first time. There, that's optimistic news!

No comments:

Post a Comment